Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Nevada

I am in need of some direction, I just recently got out of prison. I am not on Parole or anything like that. Currently I am working at my old job again at 9.75 hr. I make 1360 mo after taxes and my monthly bills are 1250, not including gas or food. I have gone to a bankruptcy lawer and they have told me I live a basic life style with no option to pay additional bills. I continue to get calls at work and on my home phone. I haven't done anything yet as far as filing bankruptcy cause I can't afford anything. I am stressed out and have NO HELP. I am doing the best I can and my ID and SS card was stolen ( WHILE IN PRISON )and since I have replaced them both. Trying to go to college and get up to where I want to be in life. What can I do

Asked on 7/17/12, 11:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

The first thing I would ask is how much debt you have. No point in going through the ordeal of bankruptcy if you don't get much bang for your buck!

To replace your id, you ought to contact the folks that gave you your original id in the first place - DMV to replace a drivers license or state ID, social security to replace your social security card. Believe it or not, Metro may be of some assistance in helping to replace your id.

Unless you have a ton of debt, you may be able to go a long while with no creditor doing anything to you other than calling you. And who gave them your phone number anyway?

Hope this perspective helps!

Read more
Answered on 7/17/12, 6:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Nevada