Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Nevada

My husband and I filed for bankruptcy three years ago in WA State. We lost our home, as well. I now live in NV and my husband has dies. Yesterday I was served by the mortgage lender for the balance of the mortgage. I thought since we filed bankruptcy that this was a done deal. Help!!

Asked on 10/27/16, 11:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Are you sure the legal paperwork isn't just a foreclosure notice? Many kinds of mortgages must sue you in order to properly foreclose and take back title to real estate. I suggest you contact your bankruptcy attorney to resolve this issue if the suit is in fact asking that a judgment be entered against you.

Read more
Answered on 10/27/16, 12:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Nevada