Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Nevada

what charges may be brought against an officer who uses excessive force in making an arrest?

Asked on 9/20/13, 2:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Otto David Otto & Affiliates, PC

A lawsuit can be brought for excessive force against the officer. A criminal complaint can be made, but these days, the so-called law enforcement officers are almost never criminally charged. Sometimes a civil lawsuit will be successful, but the evidence needs to be in the form of a videotape in most cases. The Courts and Judges simply believe the so-called law enforcement officers. And the so-called LEO's lie routinely.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 3:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Nevada