Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Nevada

i have a daughter who just made 17 and she had a situation to where she had been alone at home and there had been a knock at the door. there were some type of law enforcement persons yelling to get out of the apartment & armed with their weapons. she had been scared ever since. this had happened because i had a friends brother come over to keep an eye on my daughter & her boyfriend because i don't want them alone while i go to work. so this friend came over and hung out with the kids and did me a favor. but on the 23 of feb. i am on the phone with my daughter and put on hold while she answers the door. i heard the yelling and people in my unit. worried about my child im scared of what is happening. then she finally lets me know that someone wants to talk to me. some guy comes on states that i have a fugitive staying in my home and i can be charged. demanding me to tell him where he is... etc. so i tried to call the numbers i had to get to this individual & unable they didnt answer. so i call back then there is a female who answers my phone. she starts to say that im in trouble that i can do jail time... blah blah... i didnt know where he is but i gave them all the numbers i had. my daughter was so scared & crying and even shaking... she gave them the phone when when she got ahold of the sister of the individual. is there anything that can be done? no warrant was present and she is a minor still home by herself. im looking to take her to see someone for help her with this matter. she has a deep fear of being home alone now. thanks for any suggestions that you can provide me....

Asked on 3/25/11, 3:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Otto David Otto & Affiliates, PC

If your daughter, or the individual who you say police said was a fugitive need criminal defense something can be done. Or your daughter may need counseling or medical help.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/11, 6:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Nevada