Legal Question in Consumer Law in Nevada

I live in the state of Nevada. In 2007 a judgement was filed against me and a lien place on my home. It has been ten years and I haven't received any judgement paperwork or a renewal notice. What can I do to take this off my file. I was denied refinancing with harp by wellsfargo do to this. In 2007 after this judgment had been filed I had refinanced my home never heard anything about this judgment. In 2012 I was able to walk into a dealership and just sign for a new truck. Never heard anything on this judgment. I honestly don't even know what this judgement is for. It was brought to my attention 2 months ago by wellsfargo when I tried to do a Refi.

Asked on 8/29/17, 1:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rick Williams Law Offices of Frederick D. (Rick) Williams, Chtd.

All judgments are public record. Surf over to and run a search (under "Case Inquiry") on your name to see if a case was actually filed and went all the way to judgment. If there is one and you can show that you were never properly served or notified, you may be able to get it set aside. In the meantime, obtain a free copy of your credit history from and see what the creditors might be seeing that is hurting you, financially.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/17, 12:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Nevada