Legal Question in Criminal Law in Nevada

disturbing the peace

I was issued a ticket but have to appear in court, I had words with my neighbors son who is 18 and also sells drugs, I was telling another about the problem and his friend over heard me and he came out of his house and asked if i was talking about him, i said yes (his mother was at work) he spit at me, at that point i told him i was gonna have my son talk to him, and suggested maybe the cops would like to know about his drug dealing, i turned and went into my house. He called his mother who came home and called the police stating i threatend him (bodily harm) which i did not another neighbor got involved (one that does drugs also) and told the police i said that so there are 2 people him and the other neighbor, stating this, the ticket which i recieved has his mothers signature on it? not his he is an adult and she was not present at the time, the police belived them, and told me to go court and it may be thrown out? I want to pled not guilty since i did not do what they said, he was just as loud and yelling so why did i get the ticket and the charges? can you please advise me what to do, i have never been through anything like this before and can not pay a fine of $300.00 when im am not guilty. Thank you very much.

Asked on 7/21/07, 7:40 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Sanft Sanft Law

Re: disturbing the peace

You need to get the discovery in the case. The law will depend on the statements of all witnesses involved. The law will take into account the credibility of the witnesses, and if people are using drugs or if there are other motivations to lie, they can be less credible.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/07, 5:20 pm

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

Re: disturbing the peace

Plead not guilty and make the prosecutor prove his case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/07, 10:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Nevada