Legal Question in Criminal Law in Nevada

I purchased some items from my brother in New Mexico, We met in Vegas, paid for and brought the items home. 2 days later the sheriff was at my house with search warrant, They seized my items ans said they were stolen. This was 3 years ago, to date no one has been arrested or charged with anything, Nor have they proven to me that the items were stolen. everything is still sitting at the sheriff's office and i want my stuff back. How do I go about this?

Asked on 1/15/13, 8:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Iarussi Advanced Litigation Services, Inc.

You would need to file a Complaint in District Court for the return of your property, and get a Judge to sign a Court Order returning the items to you. Then take the Court order to the sheriff or evidence vault and get the items back. They will be ordered by the court to return the items to you

Read more
Answered on 1/21/13, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Nevada