Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

Adoption Compensation

A few years ago my daughter wanted her new husband to adopt her two children from her first marriage. Their natural father proposed in a consent to adopt that she waive all back child support as a condition to the adoption. She aaccepted the terms and was granted the adoption. I just found this out and looked through the statues and found that no compensation is to be received for allowing an adoption. Did he or my daughter break the law? Many thanks for your comments.

Asked on 8/28/07, 10:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jim Herbe Black & Lobello

Re: Adoption Compensation

I don't believe that your daughter broke any criminal laws. However, her agreement may prevent her from bringing a motion in Family Court to order retroactive child support from the natural father.

Feel free to contact my office if you'd like to discuss the matter further.

Best Regards,

Jim Herbe

Read more
Answered on 8/30/07, 11:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada