Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

breaking up a family unit.

My daughters boyfriend, signed a deposition with his intent to provide a home for my daughter and her child, in a custody despute with the childs father. He stated his intent to keep the child in the same school and the same home until she reached 18 years of age. Now my daughter has become ill and the boyfriend wants to break up with her and has given her 4 months to get her affairs in order and leave the home they have had together for a year. Does my daugher have any recourse in this matter?

Asked on 2/13/07, 4:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Cogan Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Cogan, Chartered

Re: breaking up a family unit.

If she is in Nevada, she can pursue a palimony suit. Nevada has followed California law in this regard and she can sue him for breach of contract.

Read more
Answered on 2/13/07, 5:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada