Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

My fiance is on aid for food and medical, also her 3 children are as well. Recently she added the third child which was from a previous marriage. This 3rd child when he was a baby was given custody to the father and she was given non-custodial rights. Years later, the father sent the child to the mothers mom's house. And from there (per his permission) the child has moved into my fiance's house. It has been 8 months now, since he moved in with her and he has decided he wants the child back. What rights does he have now? She lives in Nevada, he lives in California.

Asked on 5/28/13, 1:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Courtney John Peter Lee, Ltd.

It appears that your fiance is in a ripe position to petition the court for modification of the custody arrangement on grounds of "changed circumstances."

Read more
Answered on 5/28/13, 4:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada