Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

my ex has filed for custody of our kids + child support,,, she hasn't told me and i have not been served, can i also file for custody before i am served ? ( i suspected this and searched court records she filed 2 days ago) what are my options??

Asked on 11/08/17, 3:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Cogan Jeffrey A. Cogan, Esq., Ltd.

Yes, I would. As the moving party, you have a strategic advantage. You file the Motion and financial disclosure form and she might not be prepared to respond. Additionally, you have some leeway in setting the court date, as there are Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up and it might be better or worse to have it heard during that time or maybe after the holidays. You also get to do a Reply to her Opposition so you get to tell the judge your story twice and get to respond to what she said in writing.

If you would like a consultation, you may email me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 11/08/17, 7:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada