Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

My ex husband cannot be located. I have a job opportunity out of state and have to get his consent. I have a 30 day report time. Living in Nevada moving to New Mexico.

Asked on 2/09/17, 7:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marshal Willick Willick Law Group

Your solution is pretty straight-forward. The statute says that you have to REQUEST consent or court permission. Presumably if your ex "cannot be located" he is not seeing the child anyway, so simply file a motion requesting relocation, sending a copy to your ex's last known address; if the hearing date is before you leave, it's simple. If not, attend by phone or through counsel. On these facts, I'd expect the request to be granted.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/17, 7:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada