Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I have joint custody of my two boys with their father. We usually go week to week unless he decides otherwise. we have been divorced for six years. I housed and cared for both boys for three and a half of the years divorced, Since he has acquired a very good paying job he has helped with them. I recently lost my job and have no income whatsoever. I have my boys and cannot afford them. He's not taking them to be spiteful, Am I entitled to child support? He says if I try to sue him for support he'll take me to court and get full custody. He has never helped me financially or otherwise in the 12 and 15 yrs raising these boys. What are my legal rights at this point?

Asked on 12/06/13, 5:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

You are entitled to child support. Court will review child support every 3 years. He's threatening you because he knows that he'll have to pay because of the disparity in your incomes.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/13, 6:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada