Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I live in NV. I have been asked to marry a man very recently divorced. Neither married party has filed tax returns in several years. I am on Social Security, which is all I have. Am I responsible for their debts, if owed, if I marry him? Is this pre-nuptial area? How can I protect the little I have?

Asked on 12/22/20, 4:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

All his debts before marriage are his. I would have a prenuptial agreement to make sure he knows that he is responsible for his taxes past, present andfuture.

Read more
Answered on 12/24/20, 6:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada