Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I got married 6 months two weeks ago I seattle wa after a short courtship. we moved to Nevada where he verbal and eventually hurt me and left three weeks ago. He was scared of being arrested and now he is saying I chased him out of the house, which I have proof not because the neighbors called the cops on him and he was to scared to go to jail. rent is due, he rfuses to pay his part. he will not give me an address to send forms for a divorse, he left me with no car,no money. can I start the divoerce p[rocedings here or do I have to file in wa. im going to have to do this mysekf as he took all my noney. am I allowed to sell some of our things because he abandoned the home and turned off his phone and email and no address???

Asked on 7/01/13, 4:51 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

If you have lived in Nevada 6 weeks you can file here. If not file in Washington. If you can't locate your husband you can serve him by publication. Contact Legal Aid or the Self-Help Center for help. Do what you need to get some money including selling your property.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 5:31 pm

John Courtney John Peter Lee, Ltd.

The William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV has free legal education classes regarding divorce. The classes are offered on Mondays from 6 to 8 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 to 11 a.m. See for more details.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 1:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada