Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

I'm in a non-divorce custody satiation where I've filed my complaint, his 21 days to respond passed so a week after that I filed for and was granted a default hearing. 2.5 weeks after that he filed his answer pro se without a request for an extension and without a request to dismiss the default, I also haven't been serves anything and my prove up court hearing hasn't changed. Since he missed some steps will his answer be disregarded or will it still be taken into consideration? (I'm in Nevada)

Asked on 9/29/21, 12:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

Technically you're correct but if he has a good excuse the Judge may let his Answer stand and order that the case go to a custody hearing to be heard on the merits.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/21, 3:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada