Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

In a nut shell, I am a mother of a 14 year old son. Non custodial for last 3and half years from unfortunate events. The dad has been manipulative and physically abusive to me and mentally when we were together so I can imagine what my sons being told. Since my son was 5 he would tell my son he can choose what parent and or make his own decision when he turns 12. Now every time its time for my visitation he uses that crap and my kid never comes. Now he's moved out of state 4 and half hour drive mine as well be in china and that is what i hear from my kid now to, i can make my own decision mom. What can I do anything? Please I love my son my heart is ripped out. I am in washoe county and hes moved from plumas county to redding california now... thanks for atlest reading this

Asked on 4/17/13, 8:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roger Harada Law Office of Roger R. Harada

Without reviewing the details of your last custodial order, it is difficult to determine what remedies may be available to you in the above matter. Time frames are also missing, but from what you presented you should contact a good domestic relations/family law attorney to at least do an initial consultation to determine what can be done. You obviously have some parental rights that are being abused and I am sure you have some remedies available to you in court, but you would be wise to do something now and not wait any further before consulting with an attorney because with each passing day, with things not done, you are hurting your case.

Best regards,

Roger R. Harada, Esq.

475 S. Arlington Ave., Suite 1A

Reno, Nevada 89501

(775) 787-7200

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 1:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada