Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

Can I sue my daughter's father for back child support? My daughter is 17 years old and he has never paid me one cent for her support. I never went to court before to get support, but I feel he owes me now.

Asked on 2/19/14, 6:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marshal Willick Willick Law Group

See NRS 125B.030. Yes, you can make the request -- but if there was no prior child support order you will probably be limited to 4 years back support, plus future support until emancipation. If there WAS a prior order, and it is just unpaid, you are entitled to a judgment for all past due sums, plus interest, plus penalties. See and

Read more
Answered on 2/21/14, 1:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada