Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

How do you terminate an guardianship of a minor when she is almost 16yrs old as of 12Aug09?\n

Asked on 7/28/09, 5:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jim Herbe Black & Lobello

A natural parent can terminate a guardianship if they can show that they are a fit and capable parent. There is a statutory preference for a natural parent to have custody of a child. However, with a 16 year old child it may be more difficult if the child does not wish to have the guardianship terminated.

Feel free to contact my office if you'd like to discuss your case further.


Jim Herbe


Read more
Answered on 8/03/09, 11:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada