Legal Question in Immigration Law in Nevada

I am working in the US and am a Canadian citizen, was on a H1B visa, my daughter had put in the application to have hers changed from TN dependent (TD) to a student visa (F1). . My H1B has now expired and I am about to start a new job but now need to go back and get a TN visa. Will she have problems at the border since she would need to get a TD and the student visa is still in process. If so, can she somehow cancel the above conversion and then be okay to reenter under a TD

Asked on 11/09/12, 10:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Husna Alikhan Alikhan Law Office

Your statement of facts above is a little bit confusing. Was your daughter an H-4 or a TD prior to applying for change of status? She can certainly withdraw her F-1 change of status but she should apply for and secure the TD first prior to submitting her withdrawal request.

Nothing in this response to your posting on Law Guru is intended or should be considered as legal advice to your specific situation. Our posting is intended to provide general information of interest to the public. Facts relevant to your situation and not disclosed in your posting may affect your specific legal rights and remedies. For more information, please visit

Read more
Answered on 11/09/12, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Nevada