Legal Question in Personal Injury in Nevada

Hello, I own a horse property house. the yard is fenced, but we have neighborhood kids that keep coming into the yard to pet the horses. We have told them multiple times that they cannot be out there without us present. We have also told their parents the same thing. I have found that they are sneaking over while I'm at work. My concern is what my liability is in a situation where something happens or one of the kids who do not know horsemanship spooks the horses and gets injured.

Asked on 8/26/14, 4:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Courtney John Peter Lee, Ltd.

What you should do depends largely on the relationship that you wish to maintain with your neighbors. That said, there are many options you could consider. You could contact Child Protective Services. You could install a "hot wire." You could ask the court for an injunction. Please, however, do not consider this full and complete legal advice. There are several facts which would have to be considered to determine whether your horses and the property create an attractive nuisance. You should consult with an attorney for more complete information and advice.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/14, 1:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Nevada