Legal Question in Tax Law in Nevada


Should an independent software consultant (independent contractor) incorporate himself?

Asked on 6/03/05, 12:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Cappuccio Ronald J. Cappuccio, J.D., LL.M.(Tax)

Re: Incorporation

Probably not. The better choice in most states would be to set-up a Limited Liability Company. This is a disregarded entity for Federal tax purposes. The LLC "member" would simply file a Schedule C as part of the 1040 rather than an 1120 Corporate Income Tax Return. Please see my web site for more information on the best legal choice of entity.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/05, 5:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Nevada