Legal Question in Tax Law in Nevada

Raising Capital with my Corporation Stock

In order to raise capital to fund an upcomming venture, I would like to offer corporate shares for sale.

Would the capital raised through the sale of the stock be taxable as income or any other classification ?

Asked on 1/27/05, 9:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Haynes Burton J. Haynes, P.C.

Re: Raising Capital with my Corporation Stock

Candidly, the very fact that you would ask a question like this indicates that your level of sophistication in business and tax matters is such that you should put any thought of selling corporate stock entirely out of your mind. The level of complexity and cost in doing so is beyond anything you could possibly imagine.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's the way I see it. If you already have a company, start by hiring a good, solid CPA firm (not some one man band return preparer, but a real CPA firm that handles small and mid-sized corporations). They will steer you in the right direction.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/05, 10:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Nevada