Legal Question in Traffic Law in Nevada

I live in california and got a speeding ticket in Nevada. The police officer pulled me over in a 70 mph zone, asked me how fast I was going, and I said 70. He then wrote me up for 70 in a 35 and said he used radar. This is totally bogus; I was going maybe 45 in the city limits. I refused to sign the ticket, but the officer responded, "you can either sign nor or go to jail now". The ticket is for $462. I think I was nailed simply because my car was from out-of-state. I'm a student and this presents a huge financial hurdle for me. What would you recommend?

Asked on 8/07/10, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

You should not pay the fine amount stated on the ticket. If you do, you will also get points on your license. Hire an attorney in Nevada. The attorney will either get your fine reduced to a parking ticket with a fine to be paid, but no points. Or, you can go to traffic school online. Contact a lawyer or the court, but do not pay the fine and do not ignore the situation. Take care of it before the date set forth on the ticket.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/10, 7:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Nevada