Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nevada

My German husband (has permanent resident visa/green card) and I live in the United States now and have had a legal family trust (including living will) drawn up in English. Our question is if our trust/will document written in English will be accepted in Germany, or is it a requirement that it be translated into German to be accepted for assets that we might have there? We have inquired into translation, but it appears that it would be exorbitantly costly and is an expense that we prefer to avoid unless it is absolutely necessary. Thank you for your attention to this request.

Asked on 11/07/12, 11:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Husna Alikhan Alikhan Law Office

You should contact an attorney in Germany, who is licensed in Germany, and has solid experience in Living Trusts. The latter will be able to provide you with a reliable answer.

Nothing in this response to your posting on Law Guru is intended or should be considered as legal advice to your specific situation. Our posting is intended to provide general information of interest to the public. Facts relevant to your situation and not disclosed in your posting may affect your specific legal rights and remedies.

Read more
Answered on 11/07/12, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nevada