Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nevada

isit My right to request a copy of my fathers will and trust especially if my sister thr executor of his estate does not seem to understand how to proceed. Also shouldn’t the attorney assist or handle it especially if we pay a retainer?

Asked on 9/04/18, 6:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rick Williams Law Offices of Frederick D. (Rick) Williams, Chtd.

If you are named as a beneficiary in the will or trust, you certainly are entitled to see it. If your sister is, indeed, named to act as the personal representative of the trust or estate, she must notify you of any action she takes. Nevada law specifies that a will must be filed with the county where you father lived within 30 days of his death. It may or may not be necessary to retain an attorney, depending on the size of the estate, but if it is a trust, a lawyer is less likely to be needed to properly disburse the properties owned by it.

Read more
Answered on 9/28/18, 11:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nevada