Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nevada

My Mom passed away 2 years ago and did not have a will. I was told that her home would go to next of kin. Her boyfriend who was living with her is trying to take over. Although his name is not on any paperwork. My Moms wishes was for the house to go to my sister. I'm lost on where to go from here.

Asked on 7/13/16, 2:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Malikowski Malikowski Law Offices, Ltd.

Many people place their real estate in joint tenancy or create a transfer on death deed which usually avoids conflicts over a will or probate. A search of the county real estate records is often a good first step. Your attorney can advise further.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/16, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nevada