Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nevada

My mother left me her house in a Living Will. When she passes what do I have to do to get the house in my name.

Asked on 5/31/18, 4:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rick Williams Law Offices of Frederick D. (Rick) Williams, Chtd.

"Living Will" is actually a term of art referring to a health care document. I think you may be referencing a "living trust." If that is the case, upon your mother's passing, the person named to be the successor trustee in her trust would have the responsibility of deeding the property to you, if you are an adult and legally capable of owning the house. It is a simple process that involves a deed that is recorded at the county recorder's office to evidence the transfer from your mother to you. If the successor trustee needs assistance with such a document, it is an inexpensive and simple thing for any real estate attorney to knock out on short notice.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/18, 3:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nevada