Legal Question in Workers Comp in Nevada

Workers Comp

I injured my back at work, I reported it to my supervisor and finished working my shift. Within the next few days my back continued to get worse, I missed many days of work because of it. I tried to keep working because I have a family to support, but within a few weeks I went to the emergency room and was given pain killers and was unable to work. My employer referred me to the companys medical center, I was told I needed surgery. Somehow their doctor didn't send my medical report in by the deadline and I was refused their help. My employer then called me and told me they would give me a desk job and I would earn approx $45,000.00 a year, and I wouldn't have to do anymore lifting. Out of options, I jumped on the opportunity, went back to work, and was fired a few days later. Am I entitled to workers comp, or some kind of compensation?

Thank You

Asked on 5/28/09, 3:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Fischer Fischer Sanders, LLP

Re: Workers Comp

Yes, you are entitled to work comp benefits. Feel free to give me a call to discuss 702,449,6010

Read more
Answered on 5/28/09, 5:18 pm

Jim Herbe Black & Lobello

Re: Workers Comp

Thank you for your inquiry.

Under workers' compensation claims you are entitled to several different types of benefits. If you are injured on the job and are unable to work while undergoing medical treatment you should receive temporary disability benefits.

Additionally, if you undergo a surgical procedure like your back frequently you have some % of permanent partial disability for which you should also receive a settlement award.

I would need to speak to you in a little more detail to properly advise you on your case. Feel free to contact me at your convenience to further discuss your case.


Jim Herbe, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 5/28/09, 6:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Nevada