Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New Hampshire

malpractice agains a family doctor

My doctor called in a practision for blood presure medication know that my blood presure is low, it was for headach but the guy at the store said that if i had taken it i would have been put in the hospital, i need to know if their is something i can do because i dont want her to do it to someone eles. this is all because i have had really bad headaches for like 4 yrs and she never sent me to a neurologest nothing she just keep given ne more and more meds. Im very sick because of all the meds and i need to do something about it im sick of getting the run round from this doctor and I need to do something about it thank you

Asked on 2/14/03, 2:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edwinna Vanderzanden Getman, Stacey, Tamposi, Schulthess and Steere, PA

Re: malpractice agains a family doctor

Under NH law, you must have a qualified expert, usually (but not laways) a physician practicing in the same specialty who will testify that the defendant physician breached the standard of care in the particular specialty and that the breach, or negligence, caused you some harm.

These cases are expensive and difficult to bring and yours does not sound like one in which the harm to you was more than a possibility or near miss.

At this point I suspect you'd have difficulty finding an attonrey who would encourage you to do more than find another physician and get a thorough investigation of your problem.

If that work up finds some long neglected health problem of significange which has caused you harm by virtue of being ignored by your prior physician, then you might have a claim.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/03, 2:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New Hampshire