Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Hampshire

I was arrested in 2006 at the age of 18 for minor in possession and public intoxication in NH. I went to court and was given an offer to complete an alcoholics anonymous course instead of paying a fine. I moved out of state not completing the course and missed the court date to resolve it. I'm 21 now, I have graduated college with Magna Cum Laude and have not been in any legal troubles since, but i want to turn myself in. I'm just looking for advice on what i should do.

Asked on 10/16/09, 11:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Winters Cohen & Winters, PLLC

Call the court (or hire an attorney) to find out the exact situation. Is there a bunch warrant or just a default judgment? If you live close enough to travel to NH, you could file a motion to vacate the warrant and schedule a hearing, At that time you could appear, explain to the judge the circumstances, and hopefully pay the fine and be over with it. If distance makes that impossible you could try to do it through the mail, which would be a little more tricky and will depend on the court.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/09, 5:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Hampshire