Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Hampshire

I am living in Germany and i am married To

An Indian since 1995.

my wife had two daughters from her former Hausband who passed away when my wife was pregnant with the younger daughter. When that daughter was about two years old her mother and me came to marry in India. According to the indian law the both kids got my surname when we applied the indian passports for leaving the country.

Now twentythree years later our daughter is going to marry a german.

Now she is not allowed to marry because there is no prove how she got her german surname in India. We have got only the old indian passports. My daughter is living more than 14 years in germany, is working here, got the german passport Some years ago without Problem and is now not allowed to marry. Only if we deliver any prove about the indian law that time that Shows that children got automatically the name of father we can solve this Problem.

So may be you can help us.

Thank you so much.

Asked on 7/11/18, 12:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

You posted your question under the law of New Hampshire, which is in the United States. You may have better luck posting it under the law of India, or of the particular province your wife is from.

I don't know how many Indian lawyers participate on this site, or what fraction of them have the expertise you need. There are probably other sites based in India where you would be more likely to find the guidance you're looking for. You also have the option of posting your question on multiple sites.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/18, 1:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Hampshire