Legal Question in DUI Law in New Hampshire

my sister i law wants to have her wedding reception in our backyard. there will be alcohol consumed (adults only) am i liable if someone leaves drunk or is she liable since it was her party?


Asked on 9/06/12, 12:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce L. Dorner Dorner Law Office

You are hosting a party on your property. You have exposure. You might want to talk with your insurance agent to see if a one-day or event insurance policy is available to cover your exposure. Your sister-in-law also has explosure to som degree since it is her event.

The best step is to make sure that there is a professional bar tender in control of the alcohol and that no one unfit to drive leaves the party with keys in hand. The second step is adequate inaurance coverage.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/12, 1:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Hampshire