Legal Question in Entertainment Law in New Hampshire

Professional Photos

A couple of years ago I hired a well known professional photographer to take pictures at my wedding. He had his own studio here in my home town for approx 20 years. Recently I hav tried to contact him to have some of my negatives reprinted to bigger sizes and whatnot. Come to find out he has retired. He does have a phone number to contact him and a webite BUT I have tried several times to email him and have left him several phone messages for him to call me regarding this matter, this has been over a year and a half and he has not returned any of my calls OR responded to any of my emails. I do have all of my negatives, what would you suggest to do?

Asked on 9/26/02, 10:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeremey Miller J. Miller & Associates, P.L.L.C.

Re: Professional Photos

Dear Sir / Madamn:

I would first suggest that we review the contract you had with the photoghrapher. This will advise us of your rights and or ogligations to the reproduction of the photos. While federal copyright law takes prescident, their may be terms in the contract to allow you to take other action. I would be glad to speak with you further and give you some more ideas on the subject. You can reach me at the address below, or by 603-223-6613. I look forward to hearing from you.

Jeremey A. Miller

Read more
Answered on 9/26/02, 12:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in New Hampshire