Legal Question in Family Law in New Hampshire

I purchased a home 5 years ago with my fiancee. I gave her 12K towards the down payment. Overf the years I have contributed more than 2K monthly towards mortgage, taxes, utilities, etc. In addition, I have performed and paid for home improvements which have raised the property value by 100K. We had a child 3 years ago and planned to raise our child in this house. It has recently been revealed that she has been in another relationship and have asked me to leave the house. She also states that since everything is in her name, I am entitled to nothing. Do I have any legal claim towards any of the assets accumulated in this relationship?

Asked on 7/17/16, 5:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Skinner, III Associated Attorneys of New England

Yes! Given what you described you'd absolutely have a right to claim a portion of this property or the equity there. You have family law issues to resolve as well. We've handled similar cases in the past. Please don't delay in taking action to protect your interests as it could complicate your case and give the other party a chance to gain the upper hand. Please feel free to contact me for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/16, 6:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Hampshire