Legal Question in Family Law in New Hampshire

A few years ago during my husbands custody case, due to his ex girlfriends illegitimate fear of guns, and motion after motion the judge added to the parenting plan, that neither parents shall possess a firearm while child is in eithers custody.. He is legal to carry as am I, how can we fix this. He has clearly been stripped if his constitutional rights.

Asked on 2/10/14, 5:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce L. Dorner Dorner Law Office

We would need to review the full text of the court order and the duration of the order. Once that is done we may be able to reopen the case with a request to modify the order removing that restriction. However, these cases are often challenged by the other parent and it would be up to the discretion of the judge as to the need to protect the child in an appropriate fashion.

Read more
Answered on 2/10/14, 7:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Hampshire