Legal Question in Intellectual Property in New Hampshire


The company I work for recently bought another company. The company they bought had their own web site and domain name that we acquired. The domain name expired and someone bought it, turned it into a porn site and is now trying to sell it. I don't think the old business name was trademark but the name is a part of the new business name. We want the domain name back. Is there any legal recourse?

Asked on 8/02/01, 4:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeremey Miller J. Miller & Associates, P.L.L.C.

Re: Cybersquatting


I'm an Intellectual Property attorney practicing in Concord, New Hampshire. I would be glad to discuss this matter with you, but in order to do so I would need some more detailed information. There is recourse for a situation like yours, but each situation is so fact specific that it is hard to speculate without knowing more. If you would like you can email me at [email protected] or give me a call at 603-223-6613, and I'd be gald to discuss this with you. Until then.

Jeremey A. Miller

J. Miller & Associates, PLLC

100 Hall Street, Suite 102

Concord, NH



[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 8/03/01, 11:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in New Hampshire