Legal Question in Legal Ethics in New Hampshire

verbal agreement

my parents bought the house we live in 20 years ago for us and it was to be turned over in a few years then it went till they die. Now he plans on selling the place after we have invested thousands of dollars invested and we need to know do we have any rights?

Asked on 6/18/01, 7:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

Re: verbal agreement

You may be able to hold him to the promise to deliver the house to you if you can prove the arrangement.

If you cannot, you may well have a claim for the money you invested, and are entitled to have it returned.

Check with a real estate lawyer in your town.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/01, 2:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in New Hampshire