Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

My friend had a driving fine from New Jersey for $81 from over 3 years ago. When he tried to renew or get his driver's license recently here in Arizona, they told him at th DMV that he had an outstanding fine in New Jersey. I helped my friend out and paid the fine with my debit card by phone. I though everything was taken care of so he could get his driver's license, but no. That still did not clear with the DMV. So he call the court in NJ that handled the fine and said that he still had to appear in cout in NJ to get everything cleared to get his license. Does that sound right? For a small fine here in AZ I can just send in the money. How can he get this cleared without flying to NJ? He doesn't have that kind of money and he really needs his license cleared so he can get a job?

Thank you.


Asked on 4/13/12, 8:11 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Berman Law Offices of Michael A. Berman

it depends on the charge...sometimes as an attorney i can waive the need to appear. do you have more details...write me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/13/12, 8:19 pm

Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC

He probably has a Failure To Appear warrant, and he probably also has to pay a restoration fee to the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission. I represent out of state defendants frequently in the New Jersey Municipal Courts. Please contact me for a free consultation to discuss how I can ssisty you or your friend. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Read more
Answered on 4/15/12, 12:02 pm
Jonathan Mincis Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq. Law Offices

Any competent Municipal Court attorney can help you with this. However, I would need to know more information so that can contact the Court to know exactly what your friend is dealing with. An attorney can work out your friends case by affidavit so that he would not have to appear. Pllease feel free to contact me for a free consultation. My rates are extremely reasonable. I have well over twenty years experience handling Municipal Court matters and would be happy to speak to you or your friend about this situation. (201)-894-9498

Read more
Answered on 4/17/12, 7:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey