Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

i am involved in an emancipation dispute with my x regarding his son. i do not feel that my current attorney is looking out for my sons best interests and is fighting the fight for us. I have responded to all the court orders on what to furnish as far as documentation but his attorney is requesting more info that was not required specifically by the court. i don,t know what to do anymore i feel as if i have no representation

Asked on 2/28/13, 5:04 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Philip Burnham, Esquire Burnham Law Group, LLC.

I would first recommend you talk to your current attorney about your issues since that attorney is most familar wtth the issues in your case. If you still do not feel comfortable, you should look for another attorney because you need to feel confident with their advice.

Good luck.

I would be happy to follow up with you. Please email me directly or call my office if you would like to schedule an appointment either in person or by telephone. My contact information is listed in the links below.


You cannot rely on the advice of an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your situation, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the result for your situation.

Please be aware that the above comments are neither protected by attorney-client privilege, nor may be the basis for a malpractice lawsuit should the suggestion be followed with undesirable results.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/13, 6:39 am
Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

I have been a matrimonial attorney for 37 years and can tell you that you should retain an attorney such as myself to help you. Please call me ,mention this email and I will give you a 30 minute consultation free.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/13, 7:02 am
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You should ask your lawyer to answer this question.

If your lawyer does not answer this question, then fire the lawyer. And hire a good divorce attorney right away.

If you do not have an attorney, you need one right now. You have a serious problem, and you need legal advice.

There is a lot at risk here, and you do not want to lose all of that.

You need a lawyer to sit down with you and give you some advice.

I can explain things in detail in person after we talk. I will explain what legal issues I see, and what I can do to assist you.

This will be a free consultation. After we talk, you can decide what you would like to do.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


DISCLAIMER: Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/13, 8:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey