Legal Question in Disability Law in New Jersey

Hello , my name is John, I live and work in New Jersey.I work in a machine shop for a plastic molding co. I am 61 yrs. old On March 8 2017 I had chest pain in the morning, informed my supervisor I needed to go to a Doctor and he informed me I had low blood pressure and that I needed to get to the hospital for more tests.I was then informed that I needed quadruple bypass surgery. I was out of work about two weeks then my employer informed me that my job position had been filled. It's a small family owned business,maybe 35 employes total at best. Can I legally be replaced this fast.Today is Easter Sunday, but tomorrow I will call the labor board and workmans comp people. I have almost 10 years faithful service with this company. Can you please give me some advice as to what to do . I was hoping to work for 2 or 3 more years. Thank you

Asked on 4/16/17, 7:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Happy Easter John and please try to enjoy this day.

I strongly recommend that you get a consultation with an Employment Law attorney before you make any phone calls in this situation to make sure that you protect your possible claims under federal and state laws that prohibit discrimination because or your age, disability (or perceived disability) or because you were out on medical leave just to name a few. Such attorneys are listed on this website or you can call me in the morning.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/17, 8:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in New Jersey