Legal Question in Banking Law in New Jersey

If my wife and I were seperated for over seven years ( not

legally) can she divorce me and take half of my savings(lottery winnings)?

If so is there a way I can prevent her from doing this besides getting back together?

Asked on 10/18/13, 10:23 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Divorce, yes. Lottery winnings, most likely not, but it is best that you discuss the essential facts with a matrimonial law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/13, 3:46 am

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

She can divorce you, yes. take half of savings? I need to know a lot more to give you any advice.

There is a lot at risk here, and you do not want to lose all of that.

You need a lawyer to sit down with you and give you some advice.

I can explain things in detail in person after we talk. I will explain what legal issues I see, and what I can do to assist you.

This will be a free consultation. After we talk, you can decide what you would like to do.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]



Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 8:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in New Jersey