Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in New Jersey

I was carjacked in june 10 and had liability insurance only they have the person who carjacked me he total my car now i'm without a car i am going to sue him but he does not have anything any way, can i sue the state are what can i do i need money to get me anather car im unemployed and need help from new jersey

Asked on 7/21/12, 9:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

The State is not an insurer for criminal behavior. Check with your local District Attorney to see if you qualify for payment from the crime victim's compensation fund.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/12, 3:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in New Jersey