Legal Question in Consumer Law in New Jersey

My personal container on newark port was kept for 5 extra days resulting in demurrage charges. Freight company claims custom delay. Can I sue port authority or freight company to recover those charges as it's not my fault

Asked on 6/08/11, 2:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

I have fought this fight before. The question is what caused the delay? And second question, what are the published tariffs of the freight company, are they overcharging you.

Call me to discuss this, and I will see what I can do for you.

No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly. I would be happy to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/11, 2:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in New Jersey