Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New Jersey

My ex girlfriend at the time put a $3000.00 deposit down on a car for me that I use to have she used her own visa card. We broke up when around $1700 was paid off I paid the rest up until $1000.00 left because we had a joined savings account with around $1,300.00 in the account that I put in and she went took $1,000.00 of it and paid for her own bills with it. So I refuse to pay that last $1,000.00. Am I wrong?

Asked on 10/05/11, 12:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You will have a fight with her and with the company that wants the money. You should talk to a lawyer and try to get this straightened out before you get sued by anyone.

I can help you with this. Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/11, 3:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New Jersey