Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

My girlfriend and I lived together and we had an issue with the use of credit cards. I had used them without permission. I paid them but she found out. she told me to leave which I did. we have no other problems and never any other issues. however she is mad and rightfully so. I did it. I told her that I would complete a letter to the creditors accepting responsibility and sent the to her certified mail. there was an issue with the mail and she did not get them right away. In the mean time she was told to go get a police report. she did. then I got a call from the police to come in to talk about this and I said I would not until I talked to a lawyer and saw my doctor since I am treated for bipolar disorder. police went a week and they put out an arrest warrant. girlfriend called me and said I could come get some clothes. I went the next day when she told me to and when I got there she the police came and arrested me. first is what she did and what they did entrapment? and part of the bail was a no contact order but she is still texting me. I have not texted her back but is texting part of no contact and if so how do I get her to stop? also I found out she is giving out my social security number to some of her clients to do checks on my past. How serious is that? and can the no contact be lifted if I never threatened her or never even called her during this time and never did anything? plus I have never had anykind of record at all.

Asked on 6/02/13, 5:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys


You NEED a lawyer!

If you have no past record, this can possibly be resolved without the world crashing down, but you must take action.

You are welcome to call me at no charge and discuss your options. My cell number

is 215 -370-2608.

My web site is

I grew up in Camden County and am most familiar with their courts.

It would be my pleasure to help you.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/13, 6:49 am

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

An unauthorized used of a credit cared is a criminal offense and you should deal with it as such. Your being her boyfriend gave you no special legal immunity in this regard. Hire a good attorney and get about defending yourself. Call me, if you like.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 8:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey