Legal Question in DUI Law in New Jersey

I am 8 years into a 10 year loss of my drivers license for a DWI, in NJ. I have been sober for these 8 years. I will be having a very difficult time for 3 months coming up very soon. My mother was my transportation and a co-worker, but she is going in for heart surgery and I will not have any transportation to work. I work part time and my shifts are different almost everyday. Is there a way that I could get a provisional license for at least 3 months so I can get back and forth to work. I do not make a lot of money so I would not be able to afford a taxi on a daily basis. All I would like is a 3 or 4 month provisional license for work.

Asked on 11/26/13, 5:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Polsky Law Offices of David W. Polsky

Hi unfortunately there are no provisional licenses allowed the New Jersey. Although difficult I would highly suggest that you do not drive until you license is reinstated as the penalties for driving as a result of the DUI are very severe including possible jail time and additional loss of license

Read more
Answered on 11/26/13, 5:39 am

Don't know if you are in AA but if you put your plight out at meetings someone will come to your rescue.

Good luck and hang in there!


Read more
Answered on 11/27/13, 4:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New Jersey