Legal Question in Elder Law in New Jersey

My brother owns my parent's home for the past 14 years. It was purchased to save them from losing their home with the understanding that the purchase was made "in name only". My parent's SS money has completely gone to my brother for these past 14 years. My father passed away 4 years ago and my mother's SS money continues to go to my brother. My parents lived in the home all along and there is no written contract or lease agreement. My mother is running out of money. I am her POA. We want to get the house back in my mother's name and have a reverse mortgage. What can I do to help my mom in this situation?

Asked on 10/06/13, 5:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

I can help you, but it will take some work to get this fixed.

This will take some careful planning before you take action, because you did NOT talk to a lawyer ahead of time.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the first office visit.

I know people worry about how expensive a lawyer is, so I am careful to be as inexpensive as I can for my clients. Before you spend a dime, you will know how much this is likely to be.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly. I would be happy to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 2:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in New Jersey