Legal Question in Elder Law in New Jersey

Can the office of social services of a county in NJ be suied for the money taken from a senior persons bank account because Social Services had this person declared incompetent and then the court ruling was reversed when this person hired an attorney to show that he/she was not incompetent based on doctor reports. This action was based on an annonymous phone call to social services.

Asked on 12/14/20, 6:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Anyone can file a lawsuit but that does not mean that you will win. The limited facts tells me that the county had reasonable belief that what they were was truthful. You can try to recover your costs and attorney fees.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/20, 6:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in New Jersey