Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

I am looking into having certain aspects of my custody agreement modified. My original agreement was filed in Virginia, I am now a resident of New Jersey and wondering which state I should obtain an attorney?

Asked on 8/27/13, 11:57 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Sounds like you should ask Virginia to transfer custody to NJ and then take it from there. Call a Virginia attorney to discuss that with them. Call me anytime for your NJ issues at 732/773/2768

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 9:43 am

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Not sure which State you should file in, but if you have been in New Jersey and the kids now live in New Jersey, then you can file in the Courts of New Jersey. I need to know more to be able to help you. Call me, and I will assist.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/13, 11:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey